Thursday, July 7, 2011

Marriage counseling without the marriage

So, I went to my marriage counseling without my husband *big suprise there* My counselor told me I have a good understanding of my situation and myself, but did agree I am co-dependent on my husband...I actually suggested that to her and she agreed. She said I would be much happier without the stress and anxiety of being in the situation I'm in and I know it's true. She said I need to start working on myself and getting myself prepared mentally to stand up for what I need to do for my own happiness basically. I know she is right again. She also mentioned I seem to be suffering from anxiety, the teeth chattering and shaking like I was freezing while discussing the cheating my husband has done, the jealous and controlling angry behavior he exhibits....I now need to make an appt with my Dr. to see if he can prescribe something for me. My counselor told me things I already knew but it sure drove home some things I needed to hear and coming from a professional, not just my pals helped a lot in my own mind to be able to sort all this out for myself. More to come........

2 comments:

Rebecca M. Hernandez said...

I'm glad to hear counseling is helping and she did give awesome advice on strengthening yourself in order to be able to stand up for what you need and deserve. I know it will happen in time and regardless, I'm there for you now and I'll be there for you then. I know it's so very hard to make that decision and it takes time. You will do it on your own when you're ready, just don't let it damage your kids. (((Hugs))) Love you girl!

Nicole said...

thanks Rebecca...just coming back to my blog. Need to do some writing again. How are you and the babies?