as the waves reach out for sand
I see the swell translucent
As it spits at where I stand
I remember the gush of saltwater
barreling over my head
salt stinging the cut on my lip
as I discover what I most dread
Engaging with the winds
crying out to no avail
twisting my body along the rocks
Time starts to sail
Shining like a beacon
through the dence, darkest gloom
Is a tower of light standing tall
appearing not a bit too soon
Watching over me
guiding me to a safer place
showing the way to get there
while it eagerly awaits
I muster up all my strength
to swim as though I'm already dead
to save what's left of my life
Then a voice comes in my head
"Come to me you who are toiling
come to me you who are trodden underfoot
I will give you peace and rest
You will find refreshment if you look"
I remember it's not only the light
That saved me that very day
It was my perseverance through the storm
And our loving God who helped me find my way!
No comments:
Post a Comment